Monday, September 13, 2010

Pork Stir Fry


     Tonight seems like a great night for a quick stir-fry dinner.
This morning I cut all the ingredients in to small wok friendly pieces. 

     Getting the ingredients cut and lined up in advance is a really important part of the process. Stir- fry cooking goes very quickly so in order not to over cook anything I’m making sure to have all the chopping finished before I begin.
Pork cubed  $2.00
Broccoli $ .40
2 Carrots $.30
½ green Pepper $ .30
½ Onion   $.30
3 cloves Garlic $.30
1 Tbs Oil( I used grapeseed because I was out of Peanut & it worked well)
Rice ½ cup $.30

Marinade
1/8 tsp cornstarch
Soy 1 ½ Tbs
OJ concentrate 1 Tbs
Ginger 1 inch (1/2 oz) peeled and grated
(I usually pay $1.99- $2.49 per pound for ginger)
Pepper

Heat the wok
Then carefully add oil
Cook the pork till done and set aside

Add the veggies and cook till done
Add the marinade
Add the pork back in
Serve over rice 
(1 used a cup dry brown and 2 cups water in a rice cooker)
$3.90 Give or take a few cents
TIP OF THE DAY: I chopped the veggies for tonight’s dinner this morning. I often do two or three days of meal prep at a time if it makes sense within my menu plan. Cleaning and chopping the vegetables in advance can make the preparation of a meal much more relaxed and there is less of a danger of accidentally omitting an important ingredient. This is even more helpful if you work outside the home all day and find yourself with very little time to prepare the family dinner. Plan ahead and enjoy the process.

2 comments:

Jan Bills said...

Wow, looks like even I can make it! Or...will garden for food! ((Hugs))

Vagablonde said...

Your are always welcome at our table. Careful what you wish for you should see the state of my front beds...Try this and let me know how it goes.((( hugs)))