Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Road Trip Edition: Roasted Rosemary Cashews



     It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to a relationship you will treasure for the rest of your lives. I'm sure it will grace many of your holiday tables and gift baskets this Christmas and Thanksgiving season. 

     It is a recipe I discovered from an idol of mine Ina Garten who I absolutely adore. She inspires me in so many ways and I've been pleased with every recipe of hers that I have ever tried. She says this is almost identical to the bar nuts at the Union Square Cafe in New York and included in their cookbook.

     I love serving these at parties and bringing them as hostess gifts during the holiday party season.

1 1/4 lbs.   cashews
2 tbs.       chopped fresh rosemary leaves 
1/2 tsp     cayenne pepper
2 tsp        dark brown sugar 
2 tsp          kosher salt 
1 tbs         melted butter
                 
Place the nuts on a baking sheet & bake for about 
10 minutes in a 375 degree oven
till they are nice and warm  
  
Combine the rosemary, the sugar,the cayenne, the kosher salt and the melted butter in a big bowl.  mix well
When the nuts are done add the warm nuts to the bowl of herbs spices and butter and mix well.

When I have guests I serve these  nuts warm but, this time they are going along on the road trip with us and will be a perfect road snack

Here is a link to the original  recipe

3 comments:

Kylee Baumle said...

Debbi, my husband would LOVE these! He really love cashews. I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Jan Bills said...

Oh goodness! A fine choice for my husband, to! I cannot wait to try this recipe. Thanks Debra! P.S. Keep them coming, Love!

Vagablonde said...

Thanks Jan and Kylee I never liked cashews before but, now I love these.