Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting Started

  Welcome to my new blog Smart Cooking.I have for the past several years devoted my efforts to learning about how the choices we make regarding our food effect our health, our state of mind and our budget. When I moved in with my husband John we made a decision to see if we could be healthier and feel better if we made a conscious effort to pay attention to what we bought, cooked and  put into our bodies. We both love to cook and bake. We also enjoy wine, sweets and carbs as much as anyone. We are probably very much like most people and we wondered was there room for good choices within the context of an enjoyable culinary lifestyle.
 I hope to share our adventures along this journey and provide a window into what I serve and how it works for us. I'm not a doctor and I don't give any medical advice. I am also not a chef but I am a home cook and I spent a great deal of time cooking and trying to find interesting food to prepare for John and I. this blog is just my way of sharing how I put together meals that I consider healthy and how they don't have to cost very much. I hope my readers will find a way to eat well for less than they would pay for fast processed foods.

No comments: