Monday, January 24, 2011

Spaghetti is your canvas~ Create My Friends~ Create


Tonight's Masterpiece ~ Spaghetti with chicken and vegetables
I love the versatility of a meal that lets me be creative. Spaghetti was my canvas this evening and I enjoyed the process of creating it.
Getting ready to create the pasta
When kneaded for ten minutes or so the pasta dough becomes soft and pliable. I love the beautiful color and texture of the fresh dough.
I love the way the spaghetti looks as it comes through the roller
There is definitely a technique to making fresh pasta. It will require some practice but, before long you will know the dough is ready by the way it feels as you knead it.
Nothing tastes like fresh pasta
 Fresh pasta cooks much more quickly then the dry version and the taste will tempt you to make your own from now on.
Use veggies you have on hand to create a colorful dish
I used vegetables I had on hand
1 leek
1 zucchini
1/2 onion
red orange and yellow peppers
garlic
Red pepper flake
Italian spices
Sun dried tomato 
Salt & Pepper


Adding the chicken to the veggies
  I roasted two bone- in chicken breasts, removed the meat from the bones and added the chicken to the veggies. Shrimp or scallops would work beautifully in this dish as well.
Total under $10.00 for a feast that includes the leftovers I will use for my husband's lunch tomorrow
Fast easy and oh so delicious

No comments: