Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Might Rethink Green Eggs and Ham ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I Really Like Them Sam I Am



Today I created a dish that even Dr, Seuss might embrace. I don’t know who prepared his green eggs and ham in the past but today I’m serving A Seuss worthy feast that I think he'd be happy to enjoy on his birthday.


1 bunch Spinach  
½ Onion
2 cloves Garlic
5-6 cremini Mushroom
1/8 lb Gouda cheese
2 slices Prosciutto

Crepe batter ( this is where the eggs come into play)

Sauté the onion and mushrooms
When almost done add spinach (chopped) and cook it down
¼ tsp red pepper flake
¼ tsp salt

 In a pan crisp up the Prosciutto and crumble then set aside
I can think of dozen of uses for crumbled prosciutto

Make crepe batter
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour

Make crepes
fill with spinach mix
Crumble a little Prosciutto
Add some Gouda cheese
garnish the top with leftover filling
Fold
Serve
Total under $6.00 for this whimsical feast
TIP OF THE DAY: Buy just what you need. I purchased two slices of prosciutto. It is normally a costly item but, I paid under a dollar for the amount I needed to make this dish extra Seussworthy.

2 comments:

Meg Elizabeth said...

Love this! Will have to try it. : )

Vagablonde said...

Let me know when you do :-)